2015 Honda RUBICON DCT EP
FourTrax Foreman Rubicon has always been a rider favorite. And here’s the best news: for 2015, the Rubicon is better than ever. Its superior engineering gives you the confidence you need to tackle tough trails, while the Rubicon’s IRS provides day-long ride comfort and excellent traction on uneven ground.
All Rubicon models share the same 500-class engine as our fourTrax Foreman 4x4--tough, proven, and efficient. Other new features include improved electric power steering on our EPS models, more comfortable seating, improved reverse controls, new racks with increased cargo capacities, increased towing capacity, an inboard rear disc brake, and new tires and wheels.
Independent Rear Suspension: All our 2015 Rubicon models feature a new Independent Rear Suspension (IRS), that gives you a smoother ride and increased traction over uneven terrain.
Honda Automatic DCT: Strong internals, fast shifts, excellent control, true compression-braking capability in steep terrain, and an automatic program the upshifts and downshifts while you concentrate on riding—the Honda automatic dual-clutch transmission (DCT) has it all, including a dual-range Drive/Low transmission.
Electric Power Steering: Honda's available Electric Power Steering features sophisticated torque sensors that measure how much force you're applying and then tailor how much extra assist you need. It’s better than ever this year with revised mounting points that increase stiffness and enhance control. It makes your life way easier, especially when riding over ruts, rocks, logs, or on sidehills.
New Styling: The Rubicon's bodywork gives it a new rugged appearance. But it does more than just look good. It’s designed to last, despite the scrapes and dings in the woods or on the job and helps protect you from mud and other debris and to keep looking good as long as you own it.
Accessories as tough as the ATVs they're on: When you're riding the best ATV on the planet, only the best accessories will do—Honda Genuine Accessories. These accessories are designed specifically for your Honda vehicle and feature the same quality and durability you’ve come to expect from Honda.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout
- Automatic DCT Transmission: Strong internals, fast shifts, excellent control, true compression-braking capability in steep terrain, and an automatic program that upshifts and downshifts while you concentrate on riding—the Honda automatic dual-clutch transmission has it all, including a Drive/Low subtransmission.
- TraxLok®: Honda TraxLok® 2WD/4WD system offers 2WD, 4WD, and 4WD mode with locking front differential to optimize traction. TraxLok system incorporates a Speed Override mode that can be engaged when the front differential is locked, which allows increased wheel speed under severe conditions such as deep mud.
- Front & Rear Preload Adjustable Suspension: Preload adjustable shocks allow you to optimize suspension performance for various load conditions.
- Independent Rear Suspension: The Rubicon’s Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) returns two big benefits: First, it helps ensure constant tire contact with the ground for superior traction, and second, it gives you an ultra-smooth ride over rough terrain, so you don’t get beat up on the trail.
- Inboard Rear Disc Brake: Tucked up inboard and out of harm’s way, the Rubicon’s new inboard disc brake reduces unsprung weight and offers improved ground clearance.
- New Maxxis Tires: Designed to work perfectly with the Rubicon’s new Independent Rear Suspension, the Maxxis tires feature an aggressive tread pattern for excellent traction in mud, sand, and rocky terrain.
- Increased ACG Output: Thanks to a new neodymium magnet stator design, the new, more powerful ACG produces more electricity, so you can run more Honda Genuine Accessories.
- Increased Towing Capacity: Got a tough job to tackle? No problem—the Rubicon is up to the task. With a towing capacity that’s been boosted to over 1300 pounds, the new Rubicon can really pull a load.
- Increased Rack Capacity: The Rubicon gets re-engineered steel racks for 2015: Front Rack capacity is now a full 99 pounds, and the rear rack can hold up to a whopping 187 pounds. Multiple tie-down points also make it easier than ever to secure your loads.
- More Comfortable Seat: For all-day ride comfort there is a new seat profile, new seat foam and a new “gripper” texture seat cover that add up to give the new 2015 Honda FourTrax Foreman Rubicon one of the best seats we’ve ever engineered for an ATV.
- New Reverse/Parking Brake Lever: Mounted up on the left handlebar along with the parking brake, the Rubicon’s new reverse lever is tough, simple, and easier to use.
- Digital Display with Maintenance Minder: New digital meter display includes a Maintenance Minder system that signals when it is time for service.
- New Lantern Style 50W Assist Light: The Rubicon features three headlights, two mounted on the front fenders and one on the handlebar. The 50-watt handlebar light moves with the bar to illuminate the area you choose. All three use multi-reflector lenses for superior light distribution.
- New Styling: The all-new bodywork gives it a tough look. But it does more than just look good: it's designed to last, despite the scrapes and dings of the job or the woods, and to help protect you from mud and other debris. An all-steel full-coverage front bumper with integrated mounts for an accessory winch.
- New Dual Range Drive/Low Shifter: Like a full-sized four-wheel-drive truck, Rubicon DCT models feature a drive/low range in its gearbox, so you can choose the perfect gear for crawling over technical terrain, pulling heavy loads, or cruising on smoother trails.
- Engine Type: 475cc liquid-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke engine
- Bore And Stroke: 92.0 mm x 71.5 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI
- Ignition: Full transistorized ignition
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed automatic dual-clutch transmission with reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and locking front differential
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 7.28 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent dual-arm; 8.46 in. travel
- Front Brakes: 190 mm hydraulic discs
- Rear Brakes: 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tires: 25 x 8-12
- Front Tires: 25 x 10-12
- Length: 83.7 in.
- Width: 47.4 in.
- Height: 49.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.9 in.
- Seat Height: 36.1 in.
- Ground Clearance: 9.8 in.
- Curb Weight: 719 lbs. (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Towing Capacity: 1322 lb.
- Model Id: TRX500FA6F
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- OHV longitudinally mounted four-stroke engine
- 475 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 92.0 mm x 71.5 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Starting System
- Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Travel
- 7.28 in.
- Front Brake Type
- 190 mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tires
- 25 x 8-12
- Rear Travel
- 8.46 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Independent dual-arm
- Rear Brake Type
- 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tires
- 25 x 10-12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 719 lb.
- Front Rack Capacity
- 99 lb.
- Rear Rack Capacity
- 187 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1322 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 9.8 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 83.7 in. x 47.4 in. x 49.1 in.
- 50.9 in.
- Drive Train
- Final Drive
- Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and locking front differential
- Five-speed automatic dual-clutch transmission with reverse
- Two front headlights, 50W handlebar light
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan