2008 Yamaha CLASSIC
V Star 1100 Silverado with our most popular touring accessories is ready for a nice long ride. And adjustable windscreen keeps the bugs and the breeze at bay, a pair of studded leather saddlebags have plenty of room for a couple of days worth of whatever you need and a passenger backrest keeps your co-pilot happy.
- A medium-size adjustable windshield, large touring seat, passenger pillion pad and backrest provide great long-range, two-up comfort.
- Roomy and beautiful soft-leather saddlebags provide storage for long-range adventures.
- Efficient and quiet shaft drive requires almost no maintenance.
- Classic, rigid-look rear end serves up 4.5 inches of rear wheel travel damped by a hidden preload-adjustable shock.
- For 2008 the touring seat, backrest and leather saddlebags are studded for that classic look.
- 65-cubic-inch (1063cc) air-cooled, SOHC 75-degree V-twin is tuned for outstanding low- and mid-range torque—maximum torque is reached at only 2500 rpm—for exceptional overall cruising performance.
- Forged lightweight pistons provide greater durability and reduced vibration and reciprocating mass.
- Ceramic-composite, cylinder-bore plating ensures superior heat dissipation for better cooling and longer engine life.
- Thick cylinder fins enhance the stylish look while increasing cooling efficiency.
- Dual, heated Mikuni 37mm carburetors with throttle position sensor feature a progressive pulley, electronic fuel pump and handy side-mounted air filter to ensure consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev range.
- One-way cam clutch-type starter decreases mechanical noise during starting.
- Low-maintenance shaft drive delivers superior reliability and smooth cruiser ride quality.
- Two-into-two exhaust system with dual shotgun-style staggered pipes play outstanding V-twin music and simplify the aftermarket conversion.
- Low-slung, large-diameter, rigid double-cradle frame with 33-degree rake creates strong, stylish machine with precise, predictable handling.
- Low, 28-inch seat height lets nearly everybody touch the pavement and enhances maneuverability.
- Extra-long, 64.8-inch wheelbase produces a long, low retro profile, with spacious ergonomics for added rider comfort and great handling.
- Beefy, brushed steel telescopic front fork with 5.5 inches of travel smooths out the bumps.
- Tucked-out-of-sight, link-type, preload-adjustable single rear shock with 4.5 inches of class-leading travel for a low profile that gives up a plush ride.
- Large-diameter dual front disc brakes and a single rear disc provide strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- Comfortably placed, full-size rider floorboards enhance the ride by minimizing vibration and fatigue.
- Stylish heel/toe shifter adds versatility and enhances overall cruising comfort.
- Fat, tubeless tires on seven-spoke aluminum wheels combine classic looks with modern ride quality, comfort and handling.
- Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a timeless machine.
- Large, 4.5-gallon teardrop fuel tank with class-leading fuel capacity serves up long-distance cruising range.
- Deeply valanced steel fenders combine cool style with rugged durability.
- Eye-catching, tank-mounted speedometer designed with a large face for easy reading of tripmeter/odometer displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam, low oil and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- Locking compartment under side cover provides secure storage for small items.
- Chrome 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight looks incredible and helps maximize nighttime visibility.
- Maintenance-free 12V 14AH battery ensures dependable, no-hassle starting.
- Engine Type: 65-cubic-inch (1063cc) air-cooled 75° V-twin; SOHC, 2 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 95 x 75mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.3:1
- Carburetion: (2) 37mm Mikuni w/throttle position sensor
- Ignition: TCI
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Frame: Steel; hidden shock
- Suspension/Front: Telescopic fork; 5.5-in travel
- Suspension/Rear: Single shock; adjustable preload, 4.5-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc, 282mm
- Tires/Front: 130/90-16
- Tires/Rear: 170/80-15
- Wheels: Laced
- Length: 97.0 in
- Seat Height: 27.9 in
- Wheelbase: 64.8 in
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 in
- Dry Weight: 639 lb
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 65 cu. in. (1063 cc) air-cooled 75 deg. V-twin; SOHC, 2 valves/cylinder
- 1063 cc (65 cu. in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 95 x 75 mm
- Air Cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- (2) 37 mm Mikuni w/throttle position sensor
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork; 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; adjustable preload, 4.5 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc, 298 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 282 mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 64.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 639 lbs
- 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Candy Red (Deep Metallic Red) and Raven (Metallic Black)
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)